Friday, March 07, 2008

Work

My coworker (the receptionist) is sick. Like coughing every five minutes, sniffling, looking like crap sick.

Her voice has changed due to the cold or whatever she has.

This has been going on for the past week. I have told her - to go home.

Go home and rest.

She looks and sounds like she needs the sleep.

She refuses to go home. I dont know why.

She keeps working or rather being on the phone all day talking to her daughters, her husband and whatever other agency she is tracking down this week.

I dont care how she spends her time but it does seem to me that she can do all of this at home - while not sleeping.

I want her to leave as I dont want to catch anything.

I have told her this.

She knows I am pregnant and cant really take any medications.

She doesnt leave.

What do I do?

I wanted to call a cab, take her downstairs and put her in it and send her off. Unfortunately she is bigger than me. I will never succeed....

I am getting desperate.

HELP.

1 comment:

laura b. said...

It is so awkward when people try to press on through work when they are sick. They aren't doing anyone any favors bringing their germs in!