Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pregnancy

It almost feels like being pregnant has brought me and J even closer.

I actually thought it would be the other way around - but we both seem to enjoy just being together. This was always the case. In fact, for the 8 years we have been married - we were apart the 1 year as I was in India, waiting to immigrate to Canada and he was here.

Ever since I made it, as I was walking out of the customs, I got hit by this massive hug. It was J. I didnt even see him coming and since that day, we havent been apart (except for a few weeks where I was traveling or such). I am always happy to see him.

I thought being pregnant might change that. But we are like two peas in a pod, with a baby pea in between.

The sex has really diminished though. I am always so tired that by the time 10pm hits I am passing out. J has also been working like crazy. We do spend much of Saturday/Sunday afternoon in bed when J isnt working.

What is also getting in the way of actual sex is my stomach. Its only 5 months and all positions are extremely uncomfortable. I dont know how the last few months will go.

In any case, its fun being pregnant partially b/c of all that it entails but also b/c J gets a kick out of seeing me naked with my big belly. So its working out for the parties most involved and I guess thats just fine.

1 comment:

laura b. said...

I think that in a good marriage pregnancy and a baby can only bring a couple closer.
As for the sex, it does get a little more difficult as your pregnancy progresses and also when you are exhausted with a new baby to tend to...but it is just another phase in the long life of your relationship with J.