Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Cow phase.

So I have renamed my pregnancy phase as cow phase of my life.

I look and feel like a cow. I think one of the hardest things about pregnancy for most women would be the weight gain. Its that time of your life when you know you will add pounds and there is little you can or should do about it.

It doesnt help that now being a yummy mummy is expected from every woman out there. I think pregnancy is hard enough without having that added extra pressure of having to look hot and sexy. Believe me there is nothing sexy about pregnancy - what with all the stretch marks, itchy skin, weight gain, swollen ankles and I could go on...but you get the picture.

J is super supportive and I know he means every word of support when he says it. It is still hard. I love him to bits.

However, I do look and feel like a cow. This I am okay with. I was very much aware of what this entails so thats not what I am ranting about. I am ranting about the photographic evidence of my cow phase. I dont need any.

I went over to one of J's cousin's place and a bunch of decided to make sushi. Making sushi was a disaster. But there are tonnes of pictures taken of the event and one of them is mine - making me look just horrible. I look like a cow. Not kidding. The pictures are posted on facebook and I have since asked the person who put them up to delete my picture.

Now, its fine that I look like a cow but there is no need for photographic evidence. Its like j suggested that we have a professional photographer take pictures of me when I am nine months preggers and my reply was "I will look like a giant cow why would I want to immortalize that?" Really, why?

You can take all the pictures you want but there are some rules -

Pregnancy pictures should only be for you and your very immediate family.
Photos of mother-to-be should not be randomly circulated
They should not be posted on public website without the consent of the mother-to-be
Bad pictures should be deleted immediately if asked
Immediate post delivary photos of the new mother, with hair all over, tired look in the eyes and new baby should not be mass-emailed without consent from the mother.

Basically, dont do anything that the mother-to-be or the new mother doesnt approve. Period.

3 comments:

Vi said...

I severly doubt you look like a cow. I bet you are GORGEOUS!

laura b. said...

While it is no doubt true that you are more attractive to others than to yourself, you should absolutely have final publication rights on photos. Your image, your call :-)

Today we had a small baby shower for a co-worker who is due in a couple of months. Eveyone went on and on about how she looks ready to burst. I wanted to slap them all soundly on her behalf.

Viki said...

vi - Hmm, I'll take your word for it.

Laura - that is evil. Its bad enough you feel like crap and then to have random ppl tell you - you look so big - evil!