Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Random

OK time again for random crap that comes my way.

Princesses

Okay the two women I work with are total princesses. One of them the receptionist who is married to the Mexican guy she had just met comes into my office today and tells me the new temp we hired forgot to do a few things she had asked her to do. I ask what? She says she had asked the temp to put a folder on her desk and she didn't. Which sounds absurd to me. Like why cant you pick it up and put it on your desk? I think its cause the receptionist was on the lowest scale until now. Now she has someone to boss over.

The other one - who does events - is a total princess. She doesn't drink water from the glasses we have at work b/c in her words "they are not sterilized". I think that's a bit much. Its not like I use the glass and drink water and rub it in mud and put it back! I mean they are washed and if they are good enough for me and the receptionist - this woman should be able to use them. No, she is not germophobic - she is a princess. Its gotten to a point that we order bottled water so princess can use the bottle when she wants to drink water. Her husband is retired and at home and so she will write him down tasks she wants him to do when she is away at work. Which I think is bossy - but whatever. She can do what she wants in her personal life.

This one time - both of them made the poor guy delivering catering to an event - drive all the way back to office - which is about 45 mins drive to pick up a pair of tongs. It was a Saturday - he had to call his manager who had to drive from his house to the place to give us tongs. I felt bad for the guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday, my mil called to discuss dates of the baby shower with me. I dint give a crap so I couldn't care less. Plus, I was eating dinner after walking home from work, doing laundry and making dinner - i.e. I was exhausted. So she is going on about the dates and such and how it would be great to have my mom there and all. She knows for my mom to be here - it will be difficult. She should know better and no go on and on about it. Maybe she meant in a good way - I'll give her the benefit of doubt.
Anyhoo, I ask her who is planning to call and she mentions something about my cousin sister from California. I tell no don't do that. I mean if you invite someone - they will feel compelled to come whether they want to, whether they can afford it. Its as simple as that. Plus, mil doesn't really like any of the family she is not directly related to(read blood related). So previously when my cousin had visited she complained about it for days.

So I say "you can invite 20 people to this thing. Any 20-pick them - if there are any more that 20 ppl I will leave" (Partly, b/c I know if say 20 she will stop at 30). She is pissed off. Says something like "I have to have this shower as if I don't ppl will say I didn't do anything for my daughter in law". That is insulting to me. Its different if she wants to have it - but don't just have it b/c you are afraid what ppl blabber. I tell her "Fine don't have it. I don't care". I think that pissed her off even more. Maybe I shouldn't have said it - but really I am tired of her passive aggressive games. She hung up after that.

We'll see what happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J is sick. Yesterday he comes home with puppy look in his eyes and says "I dont feel well - I am sick". He did look like crap but its funny how men are so different from women. I mean I dont get time off from doing household things when I am sick. I still cook and clean and everything else.

Things are a bit different now with pregnancy but the general expectation is still the same. If I dont cook - there is nothing to eat and we cant afford to eat out and J comes home pretty late somedays. So I cook whether I feel like crap or not.

I am not bitching or anything. I just think its funny. Sick in men terms is something completely different than sick in female terms.

1 comment:

Vi said...

yep, I know what you mean. Females still have to soldier on when ill. And you are right about the receptionist. She went a little power mad, having someone under her!