Friday, May 02, 2008

Pregnancy: things no one tells you.

I need a live-in masseuse.

Like someone who can start massaging me on demand. Anytime of the day.

In fact, I need to have an entourage that has a professional masseuse and a cook.

The whole pregnancy (and motherhood) thing is making me respect my mom at a completely different level. Seriously, pregnancy is the most uncomfortable, painful and sleep-deprived phase of a woman's life. I am always uncomfortable. Doesnt matter where or what I am doing. The only time I feel comfortable is in the swimming pool. I am at a point where I have seriously considered living in a swimming pool 24/7.

Even when I am in the pool I have to get out (let me tell you its not easy with a giant stomach) to go and pee atleast every 20 minutes.

Then there is the gas and bloating. I feel so unattractive as it is but the gas and bloating and constant runs to the washroom dont help. Nevermind having to get up and out of the couch takes a good minute.

And then there is heartburn. I feel like living on liquid tums. Just keep taking them every 10 minutes.

Pain - there is always some ache or pain. Doesnt matter what I do. Either my stomach hurts or my boobs hurt or my shoulder hurts. Freaking hell.

Not to mention the inevitable pain of labour.

And I cant sleep. I keep waking up - either to pee or just cause. Bless the baby cause it rarely wakes me up. But I am always up. Then I get out of bed, go to the washroom and come back and fall. I will then stare in the blank space ahead of me waiting for sleep to come.

Of course, during the day I am exhausted.

Seriously, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I am not going to be getting that much sleep when the baby comes...

I am actually starting to panic a bit here. I mean, there is so much to do and I keep having this feeling that the baby is going to come before the due date. I just have a feeling it will be early cause it will have had enough of growing within the womb. Already, the kicks feel like its trying to kick my stomach down and get out and get on with life. God.

Anyhoo, these are things they dont tell you about pregnancy. I really do have a whole new level of respect for my momma. Man, the things she would have gone through.

Ok, now my eyes closing - I have to perk myself up and out of the sleep mode. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

laura b. said...

And it is really futile in some ways to try and describe pregnancy to someone beforehand...plus everyone's is different. I had virtually no special discomfort at any point...not counting labor and delivery! haha!
Of course, it will all be worth it :-)