Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Toast

I love toast.

As a child that used to be my favourite thing to eat. I like toast of any kind.

In India, the lack of a toaster forces people to toast a toast in the pan. So you heat the pan, put bread on it and let it toast a bit. Once it is toasted, you can do one of two things.
1) Take the toast out of the pan and butter it and gobble it.
2) Put butter on the toast and let it sit on the pan. This makes the toast buttery and brown and generally delicious.

I love toast that way. I used to eat it pretty much everyday at home.

I also love toast - toasted in the toaster. You toast it and then butter it when hot. So the butter melts and you have warm googy, buttery goodness.

But as I love toast. I also love toasting my bread in the toaster or the toaster oven, and letting it cool and then buttering it. So its crunchy and buttery.

I ate toast this morning. It was delicious.

2 comments:

Vi said...

You are maknig me want to go have some toast! (but the butter isn't good for my thighs!)

Viki said...

vi - its my weakness. Although, once in awhile it isnt that bad.