Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Things I am looking forward to!

Ok, its getting really close to me going away on a vacation. This one will be real one - a full 3.5 weeks of f@#king around in Italy. Literally and figuratively.

So this is the first time I am going Europe. And first time in a country that has a language I dont speak. So it will be interesting. We chose Italy because both myself and J love food and wine and culture. And there is a lot of it there! Plus, it is such a romantic country! I am really looking forward to it all! Some of things in no particular order are:

The food - all the cheese, bread and pastas and everything in between

The Wine - and lots of it!

Some coffee - I dont drink coffee but I will try it there!

I love that we have nothing booked - so we can spend as much time anywhere we like. I love that if we think we need to spend 2 weeks in Rome we can!

The gondola ride in the grand canal

Being in Florence - reminding me of one of my fav movies 'Room with a view'

Seeing Pompeii

Seeing Italy pass us by as we sip wine

Probably a drive around Tuscany

Being able to see all of this with J

Not having to show up to work

Not having to think about work and in-laws and the politics of it all

Maybe getting pregnant in Italy. I have to say I am really looking forward to that more than anything else. There is nothing in the world that would make me happier. I also think it would be fun to name that child something completely Italian and screw him/her for life a la the namesake! Ok, obviously I am joking.

I am not writing this post to make you jealous or anything just that both J and myself have worked so hard for so long. We really deserve this and I think it will be fun. We will be broke by the time we get back but WTF! You only live once.

Yippieeeee! Besides work is so stressful right now that I would do anything to not be here right now.

Ok I am out for today!

5 comments:

Vi said...

i've only been to italy once, that was a weekend in Milan for a hens weekend.

The food was beautiful and such good prices.

My two favourite things?

Pino Grigio wine. We drank it all weekend. I love it!

And YES the coffee is SUPERB!!!!!

And YES AGAIN you've made me jealous. (Okay, i dont wanna get preggers though!)

laura b. said...

I haven't had an opportunity to travel, so I will admit to jealousy. But I am so happy for you and J and can't wait to hear all about this trip to Italy. Will you be posting while traveling or saving it up until you return?

Viki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Viki said...

vi - pino grigio is my fav white wine!

laura - I am going to try to post but two problems - I dont know any italian so I have a feeling it will be difficult and J has no idea I have a blog so it will be difficult to hide it from him...

Lala said...

Wow - you will have such an amazing time! I can't wait to hear about it and take loads of pictures!!!