Friday, September 14, 2007

Apples

Yes, this post is about apples.

I realized just now that I like a very specific type of an apple. Here is my criteria:

1) It has to be red. I only eat red apples. I like the green ones but only when they are covered in caramel. Then I will gladly eat the whole thing.... What? Its healthy!

2) It has to small in size. No, not those crab apples. Although I will eat them too. But I like normal apples that are smallish. Just enough for a snack!

3) Thin skinned. I hate apples that have a very thick skin so when you are eating them - the skin becomes pulpy. Its a gross feeling, plus, it makes a funny sound when chewing.

4) Sweet but tart. Yes, it cant be just sweet or just tart - I like a bit of both. In this category, I also hate apples that dont taste like anything. They have taste like apples!

5) Just ripe enough. Obviously, too ripe apples will taste like sweet mulch. As much as I like sweet mulch, I dont like it with my apples. Thank you.

6) Flawless. This is an optional category. Meaning that if it is bruised then I might eat it. Or not. I cant commit to either one but ideally I like my apples not bruised.


Okay, why am I ranting about apples?
B/c they make an ideal breakfast. They can be thrown in the bag - although with not too much force or point #6 might be compromised.
Then you wash them and start biting them (That sounds like a game)

Ideal apples: Gala or Fuji Apples.

BTW - I hate Golden Delicious Apples. They are neither golden nor delicious! WTF?

4 comments:

laura b. said...

Apples...seems like a lot of the ones I get don't have enough flavor. Plus, I prefer to peel them before eating them, and that takes away the simplicity factor.
Yeah, I'll take the caramel one on a stick :-)

Vi said...

I only like apples in cider.

Jennifer said...

i agree with you on the apples

Viki said...

Vi- Cider makes me sick.
Jennifer- good to see you here!
Laura - I want so little in life that I think I can be picky about apples!