Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bollywood magic - part 2

I was very young when I first saw the movie 'Naam' and heard this song. I remember my mum crying - I didnt understand it but I remember my mum crying.



Everytime I hear this song, I understand why. I was working and listening to music when this song came on - and yes, I was bawling my eyes out. Its a beautiful song and I completely get it now.

You have to hear it to understand what he is singing about but its about Indian expats in Uk or America, I think. He is singing about this letter he received from the motherland and everyone who has every left their home behind will get it. Only thing is he is singing in Hindi and I dont think there are any subtitles.

I think of my mom whenever I hear this song - because I remember her crying when this song was on and becuase I have been away from India for 7 something years, everytime I talk to her, I hear it in her voice - she misses me just as I miss her.

3 comments:

Vi said...

That's so sweet. I have songs like that, that remind me of home. I hope listening to it isn't making you too home sick.

laura b. said...

You do seem homesick lately, Viki. Any chance of a visit to or from family in the foreseeable future?

Lala said...

I love it. Can you reccomed some good bollywood to me? With subtitles, possibly?