Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Retreat


I have been missing for a few days as I was away on a retreat offered by J's firm. It was fun.
We went to Point no Point resort - go there if you like nature or want to just relax!

I have to say I was truly impressed by what I saw. If you are a regular hiker or nature enthusiast then you already know what I am about to say.

We went on a hike to the East Sooke Provincial Park - and oh my god! It was gorgeous. The hike was right by the coast .We were hiking in old growth forest and every so every often you would see what BC truly had to offer - vast stretches of the Ocean with a rugged coast. Water crashing on to the rocks....I have never seen anything like it.


We would wind our way into and out of the old growth forest. And of course, it being October - the trees were at their best. Reds, yellows, oranges and greens were decorated all over the forest. The forest floor was covered in a wide array of colours. I have never seen anything so spectacular!

I was truly amazed.

One of the days I took a walk down to the private beach by the resort and all there was - was water and rocks. As far as I could see. I walked on to the rocks and there was real marine life there. Untouched!
Mussels, clams, sea anamones, barnacles...all in shallow pools of water. I even tried to pull one of the mussels out - it didnt come out.

It was a real eye-opener....I really enjoyed myself and for a change I will know what people are talking about when they say - Super-Natural BC (that's what it says on our license plates!).

No comments: