Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lunch


I have been lazy - and have not packed any lunch for work. Everytime I find myself in this situation - I miss home. Back there - you could walk out and eat any of these things -


Vada Pav - got to be my favourite and dubbed as poor man's burger. Bun with a deep fried potato ball, lavished with different kinds of chutneys. Its like a party in your mouth.



Veg Sandwich - think grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes, cukes, peppers and onions. You will die and go to heaven. (Dont have a picture but use your mind)



Samosa - not your avg white-version of samosa - I am talking spicy, hot and fresh samosa!



Idli - white rice cake eaten with a vegetable stew and chutneys.





Dosa - same deal as the idli but is a savoury crepe.





Pav Bhaiji - more of a dinner thing - but is a vegetable stew served with a bun.



I could go on - but you get the picture....

So now that I am in Vancouver - I have a choice of Mexican, Sushi, Greek, Italian, Indian or soups, sandwiches....all within 10 minutes of walking from work!

The problem is its all sort of expensive. Any food I buy here - will cost me about on average $10. Not too much you say - but it is too much! I dont want to spend that much money to eat a lunch. And it gets expensive if you buy it 2 or 3 days a week. I wish my above pictured (and not pictured, as in the case of grilled veg ) was available here.

Maybe I am just spoiled - or miss home. I think its the latter.

No comments: