Monday, August 20, 2007

My social life

I dont have one.

I am in a weird situation. I am about 9 years younger to J. So expectedly J has very different group of friends than I do.

His friends are all married with kids. To the point that we are are the black sheep of friends (didnt know I could ever use the words black, sheep and friends, in the same sentence but I did anyways). So all the ppl we used to hang out with - are no more. We cant go out with friends in the evening cause their kids wont let them. Consequently, we have started going out together - and watching movies and having dinner. Now, if you have been the same person for awhile, you will know this can get boring at times. I love J and all but really - having friends around help us distract us from each other.

My friends are all just out of uni and finding jobs. Marriage is the last thing on thier minds. Getting by and paying off those student loans occupies their free time. Then there is hooking up with guys and travelling. Needless to say - there is not much in common with the two groups.

We are stuck in between. This directly means that my social life is non-existent.

It sucks.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

I have found myself in that same boat. You and J. will need to find a way to make new friends like yourselves...married or at least couples, not yet tied down with children. You can do it!

Viki said...

Yeah, true.