Friday, August 03, 2007

I love listening to Virgin radio on my comp while working. I donno why - it makes the day go fast I think.

Anyhoo, I am dreading - really dreading - having to move in with my in-laws for a week. J's friends from New York are coming - the one with a child and need a place to crash. I am all in for that and do like them and they let us crash at their place when we were in NYC - but here is the catch. The dude is lawyer in NY - he get paid $400/hr in US $$$ - wouldn't it just be easy for them to stay in a hotel? Surely, they can afford it!

I do understand paying back for the time we spend at their place but it was the two of us in a sofa bed. No child. So its not like we asked them to shift their lives around!

Anyhoo, whateves, will stay at the in-laws for a week. Maybe the sheer tension will make me loose some weight - I doubt it though!

My mil was shocked the last time we were there. J called me a bitch in front of his mom - not a kosher thing to do ever. So I got back to him saying something nasty like - you want bitch - I'll give you one. His mom's jaw dropped to the ground. She hates even more now. I am sure she will try to convey her hatred for me to J when I am away. Something completely passive-aggressive like - "I cant believe Viki talks to you like that" Or "Viki is such a princess, blah blah blah". She has actually done that in the past and called me a princess too. It was different - we were living in her house as she was kind of to point out at every opportunity she got. No more. No more.

If she does something like that - I am going to have to say something.

3 comments:

Lala said...

That IS crazy that your friends arent staying in a hotel. Are they really stingy or something? It seems a lot of rich people are stingy... I guess thats how they stay rich. Anyway, good luck at the in-laws!

laura b. said...

I know it is easier said than done, but try not to let the mil get to you. Tell yourself that she is just old and jealous of you :-)

Viki said...

lala - I dont know if they are stingy but it seems stupid that they are willing to make is move with the in-laws so that they can make up for the time we spend at their house. I have no energy to fight this - not that I can anyways.

lb - thanks for the kind words. She is very wierd, my mil, I just have to play it like she does.