Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wow

I just saw United 93 yesterday.
I didnt want to but I did and I am glad I did. (I am going to try not to put any spoilers here....)

It was a fantastic movie - as far as movie making goes. What could have been a cheap/insensitive movie turned out to be just mind blowing.

It was so well made. So sensitive and so thoughtful - I thought. And I really think it was sort of a timeless memorial to those who lost their lives on that flight. Throughout the movie - you know what is going to happen. The inevitable, in a way. In the end - I thought that these guys, those on the plane were nothing less than heroes.

Like everyone else - I cant watch the towers in flames or the planes running into them. But you do see that in the movie - very briefly. What comes out of the movie is much more. Much much more.

You get the true sense of the attack. The cold blooded murder on that day. I keep thinking what a senseless act that was....

I remember watching it on TV. And the movie took me back to that day. Where I was, what I was doing when I found out. But more than that - what I took from the movie was love.

I know it sounds ironic or stupid even - but in the end - when the plane was going down...there was a lot of love. People calling their loved ones - to say they love them. People on the plane sticking together in hope to get to their loved ones.

Which is why I think that it was a timeless memorial for all those who lost their lives that day. Something that families left behind can see and re-live. The love that all those people had - even when they knew they probably will not make it. It was very touching.

Definately worth a watch!

No comments: