Thursday, April 12, 2007

home away from home

Its weird having two homes. Its like never having the peace of mind no matter which home you are in.

Bombay is my home. It is and will always be. When I am away from the city - I miss it terribly. I wake up everyday knowing I am not home. I miss the noise, the people, the food, the buzz - everything. That city holds you like no other place. You can feel it in you. The rush...the pulse. It courses in you like nowhere else.

And then I came home. To Vancouver. Yes, it is home too. It has cherry blossoms in spring and cheap sushi to eat year round. Its the place where J lives. Its where people hold doors open for you and talk about the weather on the bus. Yes, it is home.

But this means I have two homes. Is that so bad? Not really. Most people do not even one. I have two. Maybe its a blessing in someways. Maybe there is a reason I live here. Everything has a reason - doesnt it?

But when I am at my one home I miss the other.

3 comments:

Just a toy said...

There is nothing like the feeling of going home.

Just a toy said...

Ps I almost forgot. I think you would receive more comments if you took off comment moderation.

I mean what can people say that you would object to. I mean look at my blog.

Viki said...

just a toy - you are right. I never thought of it that way....hmmmm