Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Happy Birthday to me - belated anyways!


So it was moi birthday...a couple of days ago.

It was fun. Normally it sucks - things going on - too much stress from exams and so on.

But this year it was good. I went to the spa, ate my favourite hot dog and had some cake.

Ok the cake was not my idea. I find that I hate cake.

Yes, really. I do hate it. Its too sweet and too creamy.

I used to like cakes in India. More cakey, less sweet and less creamy. Cakes here seem to use the icing as fillers for real cake.

Which is sad. Anyways, I had told anyone who would hear that I do not want cake. Do not buy me cake. But they did. It was good cheesecake (don't really like that either) but oh well.

Why do people never listen to you. Do you find that if you specifically ask for something that is deemed untraditional you get weird glares...?

I find that too common. Like my cake request. I ask for no cake and get it anyways..not b/c people undermine my request (maybe there is a little bit of that too) but b/c it makes them feel they did all they could and did all the right things. Do you what I mean?

Its like this - I would prefer if no one bought me any gifts for birthday or Christmas. Really. I feel that I have everything and I have the ability to purchase anything I want. There are others in the world who are not so lucky. I would prefer if people simply donate the money they were going to spend on me to charity. Yes I really would. But I always get something or the other. And partly that comes from people wanting to show me that they care - which is fine, I guess.

But this is why this birthday was great! B/c I got calls from people who cared. They didn't shower me with crap. With things just for the heck of it - it was genuine care.

Which was nice.

No comments: