Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Freaking Snowstorm - part 2

Its still snowing - I like it. Although my Asthma seems to be getting worse...

Oh well!

Really have nothing to write about today....so here is my random rant

I hate talking to anyone in the morning. Period.

Until I have my cha (tea) - I don't want to look at anyone, don't want to acknowledge anyone and especially don't want to talk to anyone. Everyone knows this about me. Everyone.

Somehow or the other, my in-laws will always try to talk to me in the morning. Regardless of what is happening around me - what the topic is - unless you are going DIE, DO NOT TALK - SILENCE IS FUCKING GOLDEN! (yes, I love Ari Gold) Anyhoo.

I don't think the in-laws talking is deliberate - they love the morning. I clearly don't. If it were upto me I would start all work at 12 noon. But my in-laws love the morning and everything associated with it, including bright freaking halogen lights (topic for some other post). Anyways, so this morning the conversation went like this....

MIL: Do you want some juice

Me: (irritated and sleepy) No.

MIL: Do you want to make some coffee for J (In her head, I don't do enough things for J - I, however, draw the line at coffee)

Me: (Infuriated) No

MIL: Do you think it snowed at night?

Me: (in my head, how the hell should I know, I didn't sit outside all night to see if it snowed...)
(My reply) Silence.

MIL: Bye

Me: ummm.

This is how most conversations in the morning go. Yet, every freaking morning there is something new to talk about. Sometimes I just want to yell but that would break my code. The only reason I don't want to talk is that - I feel compelled to explain my every move to everyone all the time. I don't mind doing that - as usually it shuts people up. In the morning, however, I want to be the one who sets the terms. I want to face the world and everyone in it on my terms - with a warm belly and moisturized face.

I don't think I am asking all that much....do you?

No comments: