Friday, December 15, 2006


There was a storm that hit Vancouver last night. The lights were out at 3 in the morning. The window was being knocked and I was up coughing.

It was kind of cool cause I got shower today in candle light. Cool.


The irritating thing was the in-laws. No, I know this is not a blog about in-laws. You'd think so but that is not my intention.

Anyhow, everyone overslept as the alarm did not go off. The garage would not open - cause it is power operated. We tried opening if manually and it wouldn't. So, of course, we offered to drive them to work. (Yes, right now it does seem like we are the good guys - but wait....). So we shower and get ready. Thinking that getting to work will be a nightmare - J and myself wanted to start early.
I go to get my in-laws to the car and this is the conversation:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In-laws - Oh, let me drink some coffee

Us - Yes, we have your coffee in your travel mug, you can drink it in the car....

In-laws - We just go ready - we need to have our coffee. You are rushing us.

Us - Yes, we have to leave cause we wont get to work in a decent hour. We can drop you off at your work and that will take longer.

In-laws - We have to have our coffee. LEAVE, if you have to. We just got ready.

Us - But.....

In-laws - You are rushing us. We cant have that. LEAVE!

Us - Ummmmm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So now, they are pissed at us because we were rushing them. I get the whole needing to drink your coffee. I get that they are old and set in their ways. Here is what I dont get: if you are late to work - do still need to spend time drinking coffee? I usually just run and hope that my work as my caffeine fix. Especially when I am late.

How is offering a ride to work and getting the coffee ready to go - in any way our fault. Its not.

Arrrghhh! I am tired of their drama.

No comments: