Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Lunch and chocolate croissants!

I just came back from lunch - I had one of those yummy baguettes and a chocolate croissants from Cafe Crape. Now, if you ever visit Vancouver, you have to try Cafe Crape. They have awesome crapes and sandwiches. There is like 3 of them downtown!

On Chocolate Croissants - whoever thought of putting chocolate in bread and baking it - is the most brillant person on this planet. I had not known they existed until about 3 years ago. I was working for Bard on Beach, our very own Shakespeare festival and went out to lunch. There is an awesome bakery on Cypress and 1st-ish whose name I forget. Any ways its one of those cafe/bakery places that makes everything on the premises and only makes a certain amount. I walk in and look for some sort of a neat sandwich, which btw was also divine - a pesto, veg sandwich - that had pesto, fresh mozza, veggies and was grilled right in front of you. Heavenly! It reminded me of veg sandwiches you get in near Mithibai, back home (but that is another thread).
And as dessert I order the last chocolate croissant! I have to say my life has never been the same again.
That delicious croissant absolutely changed my life forever!
From that day on - I have tried several different chocolate croissants and most of them have made me happy!
What I hate about 'chocolate croissant' is that some places dont bother to put the extra chocolate inside the croissant and simply put some on top. So you buy it thinking - ooooh chocolate croissant with a delicious extra bit of chocolate inside and bit it - all happy, with your eyes shut in sheer anticipation of biting into that cushy bit of chocolate and find - whhhat? No chocolate inside? Maybe next bite? The next one after that?
What nooooooooooo!
Breaks my heart!

I mean why call it chocolate croissant at all then? Its just croissant with chocolate dribbled on top - cause you probably wanted to charge me extra for the 3 lines of chocolate you put on top and that too as an after thought!
Humph!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Those chocolate croissants can't be good for you, they sound far too nice. I think you shouldn't eat any more :)