Sunday, September 24, 2006

The British

I love all things British! I don't know if it has anything to do with me being from India or just my general fascination...But I love the British. My best friend is now in UK - I envy here for being around all those ppl with sexy British accents. Damn - North American accent really doesn't do it for me!
Australian accent - now that is another story! Oh my god - in my university in the the Geography dept - there were so many hunky and geeky Australians - and every time they would talk - I would be like - 'uh ha, go on, I am listening'. They do by far have the sexist accents. Here is my list of top three sexist accents -
1) Australians
2)British
3) Eastern European

Anyways, apart from accents I do love all things British - in a wierd way. They way they talk about their politicians, the way BBC reports about world problems, the articles are always so grammatically correct, they fascination with curry - all very peculiar but cool things.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Some of regional dialects in Britain are horrendous Viki, I'm sure you'd hate them.

Viki said...

I am sure - but in my head they all look like Colin Firth dressed up as Mr. Darcy!