Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I need to start swimming.

I want to but here is what is stopping me -

1) the lack of a good swim suit that will make me, a pregnant woman look good. I checked some out and there looked like target practice with my boobs being the target. No thank you. So I need to find some that are plain but pregnant woman friendly.

2) the hair. I have blogged elsewhere about my Indianess and the hair growth issue. Let me tell you that the hormones have stepped up hair growth - its actually quite repugnant how much hair can grow on me. I have decided its going to be shaving everyday if I have to - but I have to get my booty into the pool.

3) speaking of booty. My ass as well as everything else is getting bigger. Its part of the deal I know and its all worth it but still to walk around the pool half naked is going to take some courage. But I love swimming and I need it.

4) I am lazy. I am so tired all the time that any chance I get I want to lie down. Which is not to say I do so. I have a billion other things to do - mostly house stuff and once that is done I want to sleep.

All in all though, I have to get to the pool. I just have to.

3 comments:

laura b. said...

Swimming is hands down the best exercise...especially during pregnancy!
Just think, once you get into the water, no one can really get a good look at your body anyway!
And the hair issue? Not Indian, but I do have dark hair and light skin and can grow some pretty disgusting hair....haha!

Vi said...

I think you've given pretty good reasons not to go swimming. Nothing worse when it looks like a million spiders have been squashed when you put on your swimsuit, in the nether regions!

Viki said...

Laura & Vi - I have to get myself into that pool doesnt matter what I feel - my back will thank me.