Monday, May 28, 2007

Painting - done.

So this weekend went in painting the basement. It was a lot of work. I dont like painting that much.

We were going to paint the basement a dull yellowish beige colour. Anyway I go to sears to find the right shade and turns out sears doesnt do paint anymore.

Then I go to Rona - and find this Anthony Bourdain look-alike who is very abrupt in selling paint to me.
I panic and time is precious and I have to make the decision to get the right paint. I choose a yellow.

I take it home and we paint the bedroom - it looks like a canary yellow. It was supposed to be a pale yellow. So everyone panics and gives me the look. (Never choose paint colour for your in-laws house - nothing good can come of it.)

I am like - it is supposed to be pale not canary yellow. No one believes me.

We ended up finishing the painting using the same yellow - hoping that it dulls with time. Besides, the basement is dull and gets really depressing in winter so - it actually looks very warm. Who cares what my in-laws think of me. If they dont get me now - 7 yrs into the marriage they will never get me. So I am done the painting.

Ceiling needs to be painted - but I will not partake in that.

1 comment:

Lala said...

Just read a bunch of your older blog posts - haven't checked in awhile due to limited internet access - Seems like you are crazy busy! Hope you aren't too stressed and now that painting's done you can treat yourself! whoo whoo!