Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Babies

I have been freaking out lately.

We are thinking of reproducing soon....

And all I can think of is all the things that could go wrong.

I mean all my thoughts go 'What if....?'

- What if the child has an extra arm?
- or not enough arms?
- What if the child has dyslexia?
- What if, what if, what if....

I could go on. But I seriosuly freaking out and maybe that is why I am not working.

Is that natural? Are you supposed to freak out this way?

I know I need to calm down. I know that is all premature. I know that there is little I can do. I know all of it.

But cant seem to stop.

And that gets me thinking - how easy it seems for some of my friends. Its so natural. There is no doubt in their minds that the kid will be okay. Or maybe they never told me.

Anyhoo.

All I know is that right now it seems like gambling - a billion things could go wrong and there is nothing I could do.

4 comments:

laura b. said...

I think it would be more worrisome if you didn't worry! I mean, having kids is about the biggest deal going...it is a good thing to take seriously :-)

Brian said...

What if the baby's beautiful.

Viki said...

l.b - true and I need to stop worrying I have driven J crazy. I need to STOP!

brain - true - very true. I need to stop thinking the bad and think the good. But you cant help but worry...

Jennifer said...

i have dyslexia... no biggy