Friday, January 18, 2008

My in-laws are back from India. My Mil came back with a bag full of clothes and food. Most of the food was for me sent by my ma. Which is a treat. I wish my mommy was close by so I could just go over and hang out with her. Alas, no such luck for me!

Anyhoo, my mil came back with big ideas of having a baby shower the size of a wedding. She brought everyone clothes and ideas about invitation cards and who was going to be invited and all. Thing is we had a big giant indian wedding. We had anyone who anyone invited. I did the whole thing without a compliant. Even though I didnt like I thought what the hell, it makes everyone happy and really didnt care as long as I was with J. But this baby shower thing is getting out of hand. I already told her 3 times that was not happening. There was no big ceremony and no me dressing up like an pregnant indian doll waiting to be admired by everyone. No way. I think she still thinks this will happen.

I am determined it will not. I think I will win. I dont care how I get treated by her. I dont care what she expects out of me and what she wants me to do. But it stops with me. My kids are not going to be forced into this indian emotional blackmail. And I just drew a line.

J doesnt want any big ceremonies either but it is hard for him to say no. I am prepared to be the b!tch and take the fall. No giant ceremonies with people I dont care about, who will complain to no end and especially not with my parents being in India. No way.

So next few months will be interesting to say the least.

3 comments:

Vi said...

Hey, you are pregnant. You are ALLOWED to be the bitch and put your foot down. It's your right!

Anonymous said...

Vi - I think so. Actually its good distraction - helps me take my mind off work stress!

laura b. said...

I can understand not wanting a big party...so stressful! Maybe if your MIL can understand that there is more stress than pleasure involved for you she will be willing to back off.