Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Doldrums.

Something is up.

I have had a few tantrums about the upcoming baby shower that is being thrown by mil and one which I am being forced to partake in.

Whatever, I have made my peace with it and frankly I have other things to worry about. I have moved on.

My sis-in-law has graciously offered to help. She sent me an email about how this might be a bit difficult for me and all. I sent her one back saying I do appreciate everything she is doing and basically, I am aware I have had a few tantrums but at the same time - I have had to do that to make it clear that things have to change around here and mil cannot and will not have her way every single time.

I have had no response from her at all.

No emails back. This is when I am trying to get things sorted for the damned baby shower that I dont want, organize a henna party that I dont care or want and make sure my in-laws 40th wedding anniversary is celebrated.

I have emailed her several times asking her opinion on various things, including the in-laws wedding anniversary and what I need to do, without any response. Which I guess is fine.

I just hate it when someone is passive aggressive. I have blogged about this in the past. That is my one pet peeve. I'd much rather have her say "Fuck you, who do you think you are" rather than play this cat and mouse game. I dont have the time, the energy, the inclination or the need to be part of this.

Oh, BTW, between the time I sent her the email and today - I have met her twice and she was fine. She was talking like a normal person and there were no crazy vibes that would even suggest something was wrong. Except that critical things that I ask her about get ignored.

So I think something is up. I just wish I was told what that is and we could move on. Instead of this.

3 comments:

laura b. said...

Since she is being passive aggressive, maybe you just need to get a little more aggressive aggressive. Go directly to her and find out if she is going to help you with this stuff of not. If she is, she needs to respond to you, if she's not then at least you know!

Vi said...

Pft! Damn sis in laws!

Viki said...

Laura and Vi - I think it kind of figured it out. She has had a hard time dealing with my mil. That and the fact that she would like nothing more than to have her own babies...it must be hard.

Its ok. Its good now.