Monday, February 26, 2007

Embarrassed!

(Caution-this story might not make much sense!)

Okay so yesterday, while cleaning up I put a few things away...one of them was a book. I took the book and put in our 'adult box' due to the contents of the book.

A few minutes later all I could hear is whurring. It was all over the bedroom. I did not put two and two together. J called the neighbour to ask if it was the same at her place - she said no. I then called the landlord thinking that there was something on the roof.
He came by said no. I was wondering what was it.....

He came by again and found the box buzzing. Same box with the book in it. Turns out, when I put the book in - the vibrator started buzzing and I didnt realize it at all. I realized what it was - asked him not to open the box and that I now knew what it was.

Okay I felt like a fool. I have had a few of those moments where you just feel plain stupid. That was one of them. My landlord thought it was funny.

J comes home from wherever and I tell him what happened. Now, important note - I was left red-faced in front of my landlord who is a guy and I dont know him all that well. J wasnt there. Anyhoo, I tell him and he is like - we have to move. He is like 'oh my god, I am embarrassed. Landlord will think I am impotent (which is of course not the case) and I can face him. We have to move' I talked him out of it for the time being. But as a guy what would you think?

Also, now I have to exclusively deal with the landlord. J made me promise - that since it was my fault - which it was - I will have to directly deal with him. J will never talk to him. Which is fine by me. I am shameless that way....or when you have been humiliated so many times in front of anyone and everyone you know - you just dont care about these little things.....

I just dont think its fair. If anyone shd feel red-faced and embarrassed it shd be me. Do you agree?

Keep in mind that this one side of the story. I am sure J has a good reason - but still.....

I am such a dork!

2 comments:

Brian said...

Funniest thing I've read all week :)

Viki said...

Yes, it is funny, hilarious actually....but I am still getting over it!

See I have that sense of humour...J does too - but I think he is just over reacting....